Think / Able - and Check out My Parkinson's Facebook Page

Think / Able - and Check out My Parkinson's Facebook Page
Thanks for coming by! I appreciate it! Click the picture to follow on to my Facebook Parkinson's Page

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

10 Happy Thoughts for Wednesday...


Welcome to another week of 10 things that make me happy. Once again, we base this on the principal that life is for being happy. 

We begin with The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (on Netflix), which really is that funny. There are 3 seasons of it, and given the choice of it or Stranger Things, I have to say I like this one better, though I do enjoy Stranger Things. The original push was Tina Fey, who was a cowriter and star, but really, the show is all about Titus (pictured), who plays well with star Ellie Kemper and all other stars.


Over 50 years later, Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'" is as good as ever. I'm just saying.


Charlie Blackmon of the Colorado Rockies got a big payday for his big season, but really, this kid's love for him is his real reward. A short 16 second video. We should all feel this love.


The best clips from Dodgeball, starring Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller. Too hilarious. This movie never gets old. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"


In honor of Derek Jeter's Marlins coming back to NYC, but Jeter staying away from the game, his cameo role in the otherwise dull The Other Guys. This clip is about 2 minutes, but it's Mark Wahlberg at  his comic finest.


Tupac's "California Love" is still the best hip hop song ever (really). I would know. I'm truly "gangsta."


My wife divulged my birthday / Christmas present, which will be taking place in January. Yes, we will be going Rick Steves in Italy and the Vatican. We had been dreaming about it for a while, and well, it will soon be here.


Many years ago, I swore I would never watch Eminem in 8 Mile. This week, I did. Most of it is typical Eminem, hip hop thuggery, but the rap battle at the end exemplifies the expression of a man who has been kicked around and used like a dog's chew toy all of his life. This is definitely not suitable for work, but Eminem's final battle rap diss on his opponent is off the hook.

Life isn't easy, and often, we feel like we have no control over things. Having PD offers plenty of chances for that, which compound with being an adult and all of the responsibilities that go with that. Sometimes the only thing we can do is acknowledge what it's handed us and play the dozens, no holds barred, with it.


For when life is easier, there's the Siesta Zone, which my wife and I went out to on Saturday night, burning yard waste and relaxing. Relaxing with a fire pit is a good thing.Drifting away from the cares of the world with my wife makes it a great thing. Love you, Pookaford!


Finally, in what will be my farewell to teaching (as I move to things more peripheral in the educational world), my honors student Ashley is set to go back to Beacon  to compete for victory in the multicultural studies category this year. This was her victory story last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment