Think / Able - and Check out My Parkinson's Facebook Page

Think / Able - and Check out My Parkinson's Facebook Page
Thanks for coming by! I appreciate it! Click the picture to follow on to my Facebook Parkinson's Page

Friday, April 6, 2018

The Soundtrack of My Life


In my life, I would say that the driving force is music. It works incredibly in the foreground and background. Some of it is better live (Jimmy Buffett, Phish). Some of it is better in close concert halls than large outdoor fields (Sonic Youth). Some of it is best played on the road at night beneath the stars than during the day on long straightaways (Mercury Rev). Some works well at the computer (jazz and mellow music). Still others stand out for their lyrics or purpose in life.

The list below reflects music that changed my life from the moment I heard it. While I like all of the songs, I list them here for how they were songs I heard at places and times. Wedding music is a perfect example of that. The first 2 songs were from 2 of the first 3 tapes I was bought. Other songs changed the direction of music that I listened to. While this isn't a complete list (some of my other soundtrack songs are on the best 100 songs ever - a list for later), it reflects 46 years of listening to music and how it influenced me. Some of these songs could be on the top 100 list, but I tried to limit that to 1 song per artist.

What would yours be?


1.       “You May Be Right” by Billy Joel

2.       “Coward of the County” by Kenny Rogers

3.       “Changes” by David Bowie

4.       “Aces High” by Iron Maiden

5.        “There is a Light that Will Never Go out” by The Smiths

6.        “Waiting Room” by Fugazi

7.       “Time (acoustic live Radio Tokyo)” by The Minutemen

8.      “Tiny Ugly World” by Alice Donut

9.       “Size of a Cow” by The Wonderstuff

10.   “This is a Low” by Blur

11.    “5 Years” by David Bowie

12.     “Box of Rain” by The Grateful Dead

13.    “Sweet Jane” by The Velvet Underground

14.    “America” by Simon and Garfunkel

15.    “Light and Day” by The Polyphonic Spree

16.     “Sound of Sunshine” by Michael Franti

17.    “King of Carrot Flowers 1” by Neutral Milk Hotel

18.   “You Never Even Called Me By My Name” by David Allan Coe

19.    “Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop” by Landon Pigg

20.   “Question” by Old 97s


21.    “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds

22.    “All You Need is Love” by The Beatles

23.    “Family Tradition” by Hank Williams Jr.

24.    “Shots is Fired” by Evan Dando

25.   “No Rolling Back” by Jay Farrar

26.   “Haunted” by The Pogues

27.   “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd

28.   “Theme from Spongebob Squarepants”

29.   “The Star Spangled Banner”  by Jose Feliciano

30.    “Trailer Trash” by Modest Mouse

31.    “Windfall” by Son Volt

32.   “Kickstart My Heart” by Motley Crue

33.    “I Will Walk 500 Miles” by The Proclaimers

34.   “Aeroplane over the Sea” by Neutral Milk Hotel

35.   “Go” by Pearl Jam


36.   “Sweet Virginia” by The Rolling Stones

37.    “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor

38.   “Bright” by Echosmith

39.   “California Stars (live)” by Wilco

40.    “Zip City” by Drive-by Truckers

41.    “Rockin’ in the Free World” by Neil Young

42.   “Eric’s Trip” by Sonic Youth

43.   “Round Here” by Counting Crows

44.   “Hannah and Gabi” by The Lemonheads

45.   “Billy Joel” by Blood Sausage

46.   “Better Together (live)” by Jack Johnson

47.   “Hard Drive” by Evan Dando

48.   “Loch Lomond” by Runrig

49.   “Father and Son” by Cat Stevens

50.   “My Back Pages” by The Byrds

No comments:

Post a Comment